4/11/2012

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho

So I'm headed back to the grind next week. I've been cleared to go back to work and I have to say I'm ready. If I was a stay at home mom I'd weigh 700 pounds. I've done very little aside from the occasional walk for the last 4 weeks and I'm feeling a little sluggish.

I've always said it was easier for me to diet at work, because I can have a lot of control over what I eat and when, if I'm sitting at my desk. So it's back to slimfast lattes, progresso light soups and spinach tomato salads for the remainder of the summer and hopefully by October I will be somewhere south of 170. I don't think 15 pounds in a few months is that difficult a goal. I bet I can do it.

I'm also going back to tracking calories via Calorie count. It worked before to help me see when i was slipping so I bet it will get me back on track again. I'm exploring some non-hormone birth control options because any time I mess with my hormones I get fat and wiggy so I'm trying my best to avoid that, but while breastfeeding there is little need for it, as nature keeps you from ovulating while you are breastfeeding.

I have signed up for the MS Society Muck Ruckus in Saint Louis and am now fundraising for it, I have to raise a minimum of 100.00 dollars by May 19th, so if anyone is interested in donating to my insanity I'll be pasting a button connected to the even and donation page on the sidebar in the next few days. For those of you who might not remember, you can read about the experience last year, here, here and here.

So things are moving along, I'm getting on with life and settling in to my new role as the mommy of a boy, (who smiled at me this morning, which made me cry.) I'm clearing out the junk food from my house this week and next week, much to Jeeves dismay, we'll be back to healthy foods and good choices. Watch out Munches zucchini pancakes are coming back!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You'll definitely be at your goal weight shortly -- I know what you mean about it being easier to keep to what you should be eating at work rather than at home!

Congrats on getting back into the world :)

Unknown said...

I have a tough time monitoring myself while at home...now that spring is starting to arrive, I can take the babes outside more! You inspired me to do a mud run--I am doing the Dirty Dash in July with hubby.

Julie said...

Good luck N with going back to work and your goals. You can do it, you've done it before and you're ready. Working at home and driving bus hasn't been great at lossing or keep it off so I have work to do too. It'll happen, just slow and steady.
Take care and have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...