1/04/2013

Don't Shake the baby!

So, last night the tiny dictator pushed me too far.  let's be honest, we all work for him now, he's got us feeding him, cleaning his butt and wanting to keep him happy. Why?

Because he can hold our sleep hostage. And he does, often enough to incite rebellion.

He would not settle down, nothing was making him happy and he started pushing and pinching me, which is just not okay. Something told me it was all temper, there was nothing wrong with the kid, aside from being tired.

I made sure he was fed, dry and had both a pacifier and a blanket in the crib with him, gave him a dose of Tylenol to be sure...

and I walked away.

I could feel the tension rising in me and when I realized it, I decided to give myself a time out.

I kept hearing mother's voice in my head, "Sometimes babies cry and that doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong."

This started at 1:15 in the morning and he finally calmed down and went to sleep at 3. Every 15 minutes I would come in, rub his belly and tell him that he should be going to sleep. I don't know how I could tell that it was all temper, there was something about the crying that clued me in. I know my baby's cries, I know hungry, I know wet, I know lonely, I know hurt, and now I know pissed.

This morning he is fine, playing and being his normal cute self, but I have thrown down the gauntlet,

it's bed time Tiny, and you are going down,

for at least 8 hours.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...