12/31/2012

New Directions/New Intentions

Okay,

So, I'm gonna keep blogging. I miss the contact and friendships I find out here in blog land. So along with my new name I've got some new ideas for how this blog thing is going to continue.

First, I've agreed to "jog," and I use the term loosely, a half marathon on April 7th. My original goal was to do a full marathon this year, however I had a baby, a crisis of fitness and a pretty rough case of lard ass for the last year (ugh) So, new goals (can you hear the excitement?) I'm still deciding how I'm going to work marathon training into the life that also contains family, job, church and crafts. I'll let you know what I decide and part of my blogging for the next few months will be updates on training. I don't yet know if this will replace, or add to, my annual mud run plans, I'm still trying to decide that one too. (I'm pretty indecisive right now)

Second, Crafty awesomeness. I'm going to attempt to do a weekly feature on the blog about something crafty that I've done. I have several ideas floating around. It could be a tutorial, but I tend to think it'll be more show and tell and then if anyone is interested in the specifics I'll post them after a requests comes through. I need to begin earning some sort of revenue from the things I create and I'll be posting information about that as well.

Third, and probably secondary to the jogging-half marathon deal, I'm going to try to re-lose the weight I have put on over the last year. I had the totally valid excuse of pro-creation for awhile, but I'm starting to feel old and fat, it's not a good feeling. I'll hopefully have little trouble shedding the pounds since a three day a week minimum of training is on the docket for at least the next 12 weeks. (esh, that's a lot of gym time)

Fourth, I'm going to attempt to create a bible study. I have been feeling guided toward helping others learn through and about faith. I have some writing skills and a deep love for the word of god. It seems right to me. So I'll probably ask for some opinions about my musings. Hopefully you guys will have some critical opinions for me.

I'm going to be doing non-blogging things as well, including continuing to manage my daughter's girl scout troop, and becoming a organization maven in my house of crazy.

So basically this blog will not have A focus aside from following the days as the craziness unfolds, hope you all enjoy being along for the ride.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I like a mixed up blog. A bit of this and that makes it interesting and also brings in lots of different walks of life. A bible study sounds awesome and so does sharing your crafting talent. I'll be here to read what you come up with. And the weight loss and running, you go girl. You've done it before and you will do it again. Me too. 2013 will be the year to be happy, healthy and full of interesting things to share.
Happy new year and may God bless and keep you and your family safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...