11/10/2011

Moar Talking about Coats

Yep, I'm gonna keep blathering about it.

I visited the trusty goodwill again and came across a dk gray and blue plaid hoodie that is lined with fuzzy warm stuff. It's a men's size large and is pretty comfy. I've removed the "sweater cuffs" and will be headed to the store to buy a yard of dark gray fleece to make some coat-like cuffs, a faux double breast placket for the front, and possibly a collar. If I can up-cycle a comfy (read: stretchy) maternity coat, then when Jeeves and I head to old navy tomorrow, I can purchase this awesome thing...

40 bucks, I'm so stoked!!!
In the size I plan on being next year. So hopefully I will come through the weekend with two coats, and an outfit for Christmas. I have this plan, for my holiday outfit. I have a picture in my mind of what I want it to look like and if I start early enough I bet I can find the pieces I still need. I recently discovered Polyvore and have created the outfit that I want to wear, and I only need to find the sweater and shoes at this point.
Here's what I have in mind...

Christmas Outfit

What do you think?

2 comments:

Losing It said...

I like the christmas outfit!

I also love the coat. I almost bought a maternity coke like the one you pictured from Old Navy. It was for sale for 57 with 30% off, but I didn't do it :(

Now I'm regretting it!

Julie said...

That is the coolest Christmas outfit. You picked good.
Good luck fixing up the new to you jacket and getting the one you want.
Have a great day. Blessings my friend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...