2/24/2011

I. Was. Running.

So, I jogged/ran for 2.5 miles. I varied between 3.8 and 5.6 miles per hour and was on the treadmill for about 40 minutes(including a warm up and cool down) I figured I would feel self conscious, running in front of other people (a recurring high school nightmare) makes me nervous. But everyone else was just doing their own hamster impression and were way too busy to pay attention to my fast ass. Today I am taking the munches with me to the gym, because they have free childcare. I plan on doing 45 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of weights and stuff. Then I'm going to just do a long walk tomorrow and on Saturday I'll be back at Zumba at 8 am. I'll probably run again on Sunday, I'll increase the number of times I run and the distance, I'll try for 2.75 miles.

The only issue with the run was, well, the twins. I had forgotten my workout underwear and ended up running wearing my regular daytime skivvies. The bouncing was epic and the tenderness today is quite disturbing. But at least when I was running my butt wasn't wiggling as much as it did during turbo kick or drills. My cousin suggested spanx, and while I probably won't buy those I am considering some compression pants. I read on a few other blogs that they are helpful, so we'll see.

I decided that, since I am very forgetful, I was not going to let forgetting things keep me from going to the gym.  I have worked out without shoes, without socks, in a button up shirt, and now sans sports bra. I tend to think I will start remembering when I make myslef do it no matter how uncomfortable it might be.

Last night I had Mutti cut the girl's hair, both of my girls have beautiful curls that are a serious pain in the ass. The problem is they both *hate* having their hair brushed. The crying is not fun and no amount of de-tangler makes it much easier on them. Also they won't wear hair accessories, no headbands, hair ties, barrettes, or clips. Their hair just hangs and tangles and looks awful. So until they get older (and can brush their own hair) they are going to have shorter hair. Both hair cuts turned out super cute and I'll probably post some photos tomorrow.

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Awesome, running! I want to be a runner again, I can't wait until I can do so! Keep it up!

Jennifer said...

Hey,where's this link we can give you money for your run?

Anonymous said...

Way to go, hon! You're doing GREAT! Keep it up! And I can't wait to see pictures of the girls. :)

The Fat Mom said...

Great job on the running!

I can't find a sports bra that will support the girls enough. I've been searching high and low with no luck.

Anonymous said...

I try to get my workout clothes together the night before, that way when I'm running around in the morning trying to get ready, I don't have to remember everything.

Fat Mom (I don't like to call you that but I don't know your name!), I've never been able to find a sports bra one that fits AND is supportive, so I just wear two at a time. One (mostly) covers the girls, and the other is a size too small, but b/c it's too tight it's more supportive than the other. Good luck!

Bethanny said...

Omg I hate the boob bounce from not having a sports bra! Hope you did not bruise your chin too bad!

Julie said...

The sports bra thing, wear two of them. Much more support and works.
I pack my bag the day before I head out the door for the gym. It seems to work best for me and I never forget anything.
YEAH!!! for you, you are doing so awesome.
I hope you got over feeling so sad. Sometimes it just happens and other then a good cry and a great night sleep nothing helps. I'm glad your hubby is so supportive.
Thank you for stopping by. Love your comment. Take care and God Bless!!!

The Whity Wife said...

keep up the good workouts!

Hello Jodi said...

Don't use a brush! And get this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Curly-Girl-Lorraine-Massey/dp/0761123008

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...