12/08/2010

Roast Beast

Yesterday was my first day of the SSDDDLMNOP challenge. I feel as though I have done pretty well. I came in under on calories and over on liquids, but at the end of the day I felt bloated and uncomfortable. I blame the brocolli. Then I stayed up late working on laudry and holiday projects. aside from the Munches dresses none of them are really "done" yet, because I have this tendency to start 12 things at once, really gotta work on that, hopefully I'll get some done tonight.

I was watching glee last night and the kids sang the song from "How the grinch stole christmas." I have always loved this movie, and the munches and I have watched it at least 12 times already this month, really. This is a great version of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch". As I watched them singing the very pretty song, I wondered what the hell they were saying. It's easy to let it pass when cartoons are singing and you can't really see their mouths moving, but when people are singing it's a little more obvious that its mostly gibberish. So I looked up they lyrics. I really gotta hand it to the folks who wrote the music, turns out pretty music can cover for a song made up entirely of baby-babble.

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Come this way!

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Christmas Day.
Welcome, Welcome

Fah who rah-moose
Welcome, Welcome
Dah who dah-moose
Christmas day is in our grasp
So long as we have hands to clasp

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome, welcome Christmas
Welcome, welcome Christmas Day

Thanks Dr. Suess, you never fail to create words that make me feel both nostalgic and confused at the same time. By the way, is that wocket in your pocket...or are you just happy to see me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that song. I had no idea what they were saying until now though. LOL! Thanks for clarifying that. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...