11/17/2010

What would you do?

for a Klondike Bar? ice cream sandwich? plateful of oreos? couple of beers,? order of nachos?

Turns out I would do alot of working out, I have a good time planned with some girlfreinds on friday night and will be spending the next few days watching my calories like a hawk and the next few afternoons hitting it in the gym and on the pavement to build up a big enough deficit to enjoy the festivities. I have no intention of eating all of those things, or of being a drunken fool, but I decided a good time was well worth a few days of restraint.

I made some chicken gyros last night for dinner, not exactly like the Greek treat I love, but similar enough that my craving has been satisfied. I typically eat mine with a fork and knife anyway so the change in ingredients didn't bug me at all. I took an Arnold sandwich thin, topped it with onion, tomatoes, 2 ounces of chicken I cooked on the stove top with a bit of olive oil and some Greek seasoning, and my homemade tzaziki. Well, not exactly tzaziki but close enough for me, I took fat free plain yogurt, added a cucumber, three cloves of garlic and some salt and pepper. It was delicious, and Jeeves who typically is not culinarily adventurous, even enjoyed them, so score! Plus at around 300 calories for one gyro, I could technically chow down on two of them and have stayed under my cals for the meal. I still have some tzaziki left over, so I think I am going to grill some veggies tonight and see if a veggie gyro strikes my fancy, sounds promising.

3 comments:

The Fat Mom said...

I'd beat down an old lady for some Oreo's.

Those gyros sound AMAZING!

Losing It said...

sounds like a fun time! enjoy your night out.

mmm gyros.

Allan said...

Pita is your friend. Low cal, get the, in the Supermarket. Slice in half lengthwise, and you cut the Calories in half..Even betterer..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...