8/30/2010

Not So Wild Weekend

I spent the weekend at Patty Creek Farm, a bed and breakfast in Missouri that boasts the most beautiful views and a spring fed creek that babbles just enough the make you fall asleep. I went with my mom, her friend, a friend of mine and her mother. It was an oddly put together group of folks that worked out just fine, everyone had lots to talk about and the conversation was great. My hubs kept the babies and he did okay, they didn't eat well, or go to sleep on time, but, they are still alive and they were so happy to see me when I got home.

I spent the weekend with a book in one hand and a drink in the other, I napped, read, snacked, drank, sat by the fire, and ate. Boy, did I eat. We had country style breakfasts both days with eggs, meat, bread and fruit piled up on the table. I did not count my calories, and may not even try to go back and figure it out, I probably gained a pound or two but it was more than worth it, because I feel centered and calm like I haven't in months. I made fresh salsa, with and without peppers(just for you ma), and we burned through three bags of chips in two days. Dinner on Saturday was a real treat: burgers, fish, salad, carrots, potatoes, and then brownies... You get the idea.

I am not weighing in this week, for I feel it would result in defeat replacing my calm and peaceful happiness. I am battling hormones and water weight and will be in the gym every day this week. not because I have to, but because I want to. I am also getting back in the kitchen and will have something delicious for everyone by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

Oh, isn't Pat the best cook? She made an amazing breakfast for Pj and I when we were there for V-day. SO worth the calories!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...