6/23/2010

El Diablo Dorito!!!

So last Thursday I weighed myself and had gotten down to 221, a pretty impressive feat in my mind. Then on Monday morning the taste for tortilla chips caught up with me, to the tune of 6 lbs of water weight, I felt so defeated and miserable. I had been flying high on this "look at me and my wieght loss success" vibe that the water just took the wind right out of my sails.

So I gulped some water, took an aqua-ban and attempted to shed the excess moisture. I've got to cut the salt but the dry crunch of a good tortilla chip makes everything in the world look just a little better. Besides that, I love salsa, it's like crack for me. The gain got me thinking, there has to be a way to enjoy the taste of salsa without gobbling enough salt to dry beef.

My thoughts are thus, salsa is good on many things, i am going to whip up a batch and not buy chips. I will try it on salad, baked potato, chicken and fish tacos. I belive this will satisfy the need without sabatoging my body.

My Homemade Salsa,
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1 vidalia onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced
5 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 limes, juiced
1 yellow bell pepper
3 jalepenos, diced with seeds and membrane removed
salt
pepper

1. diced all veggies very small
2. combine all ingrediants.
3. Refridgerate and serve

I didn't do the calories for this because for about a half cups its less than 30 calories.
1 068

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...