8/06/2013

You mean we have pee again?

As I may have mentioned, I live with two skinny, sassy little girls and am currently pregnant. What may not be obvious about this situation is that these two separate circumstances equate to an enormous amount of time being spent in bathrooms. On the occasions where I am also hanging out with one of my three nieces, the bathroom traffic increases to nearly rush hour levels.

For instance, during a grocery/school shopping trip last week with my two soon to be students and mother I was in the bathroom at Walmart 4 times. We were in the store for less than an hour. Shut the front door!
While I appreciate the clean factor and non-creepiness of the Walmart bathrooms, I am a little miffed about spending so much time in there. It's weird that I know which stall has a working lock AND and hook so your purse doesn't have to sit on the floor.

Additionally my soon to be born son has taken a liking to waking me up 3-4 times a night with swift kicks to the bladder that both hurt and have me hobbling to the bathroom like an arthritic moose, trying not to wet myself and hoping that none of the other three hear me awake and think it's party time, (I'm looking at you Doodle!)

It's summer, in Missouri, which means I'm gulping down fluids to keep dehydration from setting in and help my system not retain water which increases the bathroom trips as well. It also doesn't help that I want to eat water rich foods all the time. Watermelon, cucumbers, and celery are almost daily additions to my diet these days. Filling, full of fiber and cool they are perfect pregnant food. sort of.

So that's my life these days, tired, potty filled and more than a little irritated about having to be both productive and nice to the people around me. It's harder than you might think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...