8/23/2013

Week 35: Boobs, Braxton-Hicks and Babies

So August is apparently national breast feeding awareness month. I've read several other blogs on the topic and I'm not going to re-hash what others have said better. I will say that I feed my kids when they are hungry, I don't go into the bathroom and I'm not embarrassed to sit in a restaurant, mall, doctors office or national sporting event and feed my kid the way god and nature intended us to feed our kids. When Hooters closes, Victoria's secret stops having fashion shows and people in general start wearing a whole lot more clothing, I might move to a more secluded spot, until then, tough titties, you don't want to see someone using boobs for what they exist to do, don't look.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

I'm having tons of braxton-hicks contractions. they are not painful but they do remind me that time is growing short and I am woefully unprepared for the insanity that is headed my way. This week I got the baby clothes sorted from Doodle and re-arranged the nursery to make way for Squirt's crib. I still have so much to do before he gets here. My spare room is a little wild since we are still not fully able to use the master closet. I still have a giant pile of craft crap that needs a home and am in the midst of attempting to set up a munch craft space somewhere in the house. As far as baby items, we have mostly everything we need. The crib is not imperative prior to him coming home because he'll sleep in the bassinet for the first few weeks anyway. everything else is ready and in place.

I've  been having the girls lug, load, transition, fold and put away their own laundry each week which has significantly cut down on my work load. They each have their own basket and when it's full they do laundry. Then they put it away and All I have to do is supervise. It's kinda nice.Our house is cleaner than it has ever been. Seems like Jeeves has gotten the nesting bug too and we are both cleaning like mad. He tends to over mop and go a little vacuum crazy while I tend to organize so I can find things when I need them. Soon there will be no "catch all" area where crap gets piled. I'm slowly liquidating the crap and if it doesn't have a place, it doesn't stay in the house. Either the shed, the dumpster or the goodwill get it.  

Oh, I am tired. nature tends to help mom to be get ready for the sleepless nights that follow giving birth by in-acting a late term insomnia on some women. The only problem with that is that nature is also preparing my body to make milk for Squirt by releasing large amounts of prolactin, which makes you sleepy among other things. I'm starting to slur my words and think that I'm hallucination when Doodles toys start making noises in the toy box with no one touching them. The Toy Story music song book is the worst because the music it plays in the middle of the night is a little jarring and creepy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...