3/18/2013

I fail...at some things

I failed at training. My best friend,  partner in crime, and macaroni and cheese buddy asked me to run a half marathon with her, and not realizing how my life was going to unfold I said yes. 

and then I didn't train. 

and then I got pregnant. 

and then I still didn't train 

and then I feel like crap all the time

and then I still didn't train

and then I have a subchorionic hemorrhage in my uterus. 

and I'm not going to do the half marathon. 

so I failed... 

at not being a flake. 

Sorry friend, hope my other attributes are enough to make you not be disappointed with me for long, cause I LURVE YOU, and I'm gonna stand at the finish line holding a sign, and wearing a GO ERIN shirt, and holding pom-poms, and buy you a beer, and drive you home and make you some pre-race pasta (maybe something with cheese and shrimp?) and a huge chocolate cake for when you are done, because I am so proud of how hard you are working to do this. It's amazing, as are you. 

On to things I do not fail at. Twitch is growing and I heard his heartbeat today.  I also do not fail at girl scout cookie sales, and my little Pumpkin girl has sold at least 237 boxes. that's not an abstract or inflated number, that an actual tally. Although to be fair, Erin did sell about 4 cases at work, but Pumpkin made phone calls and a face book video and she worked her little freezing tush off at a booth sale last weekend. There are a ton of fun girl scout things happening over the next few months, including a trip to build a bear, a fire house visit and a bounce house outing, so I'll try to remember to share. 






1 comment:

Julie said...

Not a failure or dissapointment at all. Life is what it is and your friends will be happy to see you there cheering them on and taking care of them. Don't fret, there will be lots of half marathon's along the way.
Take care of yourself and your family.
Blessings!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...