11/19/2012

Letting Go

 I'm letting go of about 4 bags of clothing. I'm on the fence about a bridesmaid's dress I wore to my brother's wedding four years ago. It's too big, but it's beautiful. I may never have another reason to wear it but I love it and so it stays in my closet. I drag it out every once in a while and put it on, wishing I had a reason to alter it and wear it again.

I'm letting go of the notion that a mother of three with a full time job can, in fact, hand make gifts for every person she knows. I have pared down my gift list this year. The munches and I are going to do a bit of baking and candy making for gifts, I have a very achievable list of craft gift items. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people, we have too much crap. I don't want a present, I want you to be present. If I matter to you, spend some time with me, and in return I will do the same.

I'm letting go of the tendency toward procrastination. It's killing me. I need to get crap done; because, as I sat at my desk this morning, caught up on work, finishing the things that needed to get done today, I was filled with contemplation and peace. I feel good, I feel smart and I think I need to make this feeling continue. It seems that using a calendar helps me, when i check things off I feel good. I'm going to explore using one in both my personal and professional life. Today I will be going home to a clean house and I have no plans this evening, so I'm going to make sure the house stays clean and begin work on a Christmas project for my daughters. Their stuff will be done first this year. I'm putting my kids first.

I'm letting go of my frustration with my daughters, they don't deserve it. They are learning, I'm supposed to be teaching them. What I'm doing isn't working, the whining and not listening is getting a bit excessive, so we are going to find something that does work, I don't know yet what that is, but I'm going to figure it out.

It's the end of a very busy year, and I have some stuff to get in order before next January 20th.
Happy Monday all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...