5/11/2011

Intentions & Post Mud-Run Wrap Up

-I intend to be an active and fit lady who looks healthy and happy. I even want to go to the gym and yet; I don't go as much as I should.
-I intend to be a good mom. The type of mom who goes to the park and does craft projects and makes homemade chicken nuggets; and yet I let my kids watch way more TV then they should.
-I intend to clean my house, get a good system in place for keeping on top of the clutter and making it easier to stay out of CHAOS (Can't have anyone over syndrome) and yet; it is usually a huge disaster.
-I intend to be a good wife, to be thankful, supportive and patient with an amazing partner who has been more than I could have ever asked for and yet; I am a snot to my husband.
-I intend to eat well, to avoid chips, salsa, beer and sour patch kids and yet; I don't always
-I intend to finish the things on my insanely long (and mostly self inflicted) to-do list, and yet I watch "Julie and Julia" for the 847th time instead of being productive.
-I intend to stick to a schedule that allows me to get all of these things done, and gives me time for spur of the moment stuff and yet; I don't

I intend a lot of things, maybe more than I'm capable of.
Even so, I think I need to stop intending and start either doing or shutting up.

**************************************
So.
It's been a few days since the mud run, which was amazing and terrible and wonderful.
I'm proud to say that I have gained more than a ruined pair of underpants and a rainbow of bruises.
I know that I can do more than I thought I could. It's important to me that never once during that remarkably awful 6.2 miles did I consider stopping or quitting.
That's huge to me. I didn't quit, I didn't even want to quit. *Amazing.*

With that in mind (not quitting) I have decided to get back into my pre-mud run training groove. My dieting has suffered some during the preparations for the run. So, beginning today, I'm back on my under 1500 calorie goal, everyday. I have 4 days until my one year anniversary of weight loss. I'm going to get back on track, I have about 18 pounds left to lose to get to my ultimate goal of 155 pounds. Most of that is in my ass and thighs, I can feel it and see it, but soon it'll be gone, for good.

3 comments:

safire said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! I am sure some of your best intentions gets translated into action! I'm sure your family loves you and thinks you are fantastic! We tend to be our own harshest critics!

Great job NOT quitting! I think your goals are totally doable! Best of luck!

Amanda said...

Watching Julie & Julia repeatedly is absolutely a good use of time. It's awesome.

As for the rest, it will all fall into place. The girls are still so young. I remember when my boys were little I was pretty sure I'd need a backhoe to ever be able to find my front door again. Now I'm turning into Martha Steward, sans prison sentence.

You're fine :) Goals are good, don't get me wrong! But you're way harder on yourself than you need to be.

Amanda said...

*Stewart. It seems I still can't spell, regardless of how old the boys get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...