4/07/2011

Grapefruit...

Is too damn much work. I love them, but damn why can't they be easier to eat. It's funny, I can't stand the skin on the segments of grapefruit but on oranges they are just fine. Weird.

I have another cake order this weekend and I'm drumming up business for my cookies. I made a few more yesterday and the day before, last night it was chocolate sugar cookies, so yummy. I'm buying the ingredients for some strawberry ones to make tonight or tomorrow. I keep baking and taking the cookies to work, I love to bake and need to get them out of my house so the temptation doesn't kill me.
100_1026


My nephew could be born any day now, so hopefully I'll have some cute bebe pictures soon. If he's anything like my niece he'll be tiny and adorable. We hope not too tiny though.

The seedlings in our little indoor garden have started poking out of the soil. So far the Flax, Snapdragons, and a few squash pants have poked their little green heads out. I bet more would be showing except that we live in Missouri and one one sunny day I put the flats outside and all but one of them blew off the table and spilled all over the ground. I had to gather the cups and search for the seeds, buy some more and re=plant quite a bit. I've also moved the pepper flat to the stove top. I have a gas stove and read that pepper seeds germinate best at a higher temp so the flat is sitting in the middle of the stove top getting some warmth from the indirect warming of the pilot lights.

I'm going to be getting a tiller and making a space for our raised bed garden. We'll be using concrete blocks as the walls of the bed and I've found some recycled tire mulch to put around the beds to keep the weeds down. The electric company came and cut away some brush and trees along our fence so I'm going to use the tiller to bust up the hard ground under where they tilled then We are going to put in a strawberry patch, some pumpkins and watermelons and I'm going to put down some good grass seed to make our yard beautiful and green.

The munches are getting a combined gift for their birthday's this year, a swing set! With that, tricycles, roller skates and a garden, we are going to be outside a lot this summer. I'm so looking forward to it. I love being outdoors, I am going to have little tan babies.

4 comments:

AlmostGastricBypass said...

BJ's and Costco.. 18 cups of segmented red grapefruit slices in natural juice.. Box was $6.99..Very happy Allan...

The Ninja said...

Oooooo! Thanks Allan, I'm there.

Unknown said...

I've had those grapefruit segs that Allan is talking about--they are soo good!!

I'm looking forward to summer and the Coppertone baby tan lines as well :) Yay for gardens and outside time!!

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

I'm with you on the grapefruit skin. It's like fruit leather YUCK! That cookie you brought me today was awesome, by the way. really chewy and moist. YUM! I hope he's born soon too- and I hope he's small like Livvie, not melon-headed like his daddy! *lol*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...