3/04/2011

Fat Tuesday?

I am going to the local Saturday debacle of debauchery this weekend. The home-town Mardi Gras parade. Being my crafty self I have made tons of fun what-not for watching the parade, including about 50 awesome jello shots made with sugar free jello. Who says a party can't be lo-cal?  I have also volunteered to be the DD, which will help me consume less calories than others who will be imbibing. I have a crazy hat, purple boots, a yellow poncho and awesome sunglasses. I won't look weirder than everyone, but I'll be close. hehehehe.

Because the weekend is going to be thrown off I am heading to the gym tonight instead of tomorrow morning and Will be doing my 6 miles really, really late on sunday.

I have collected over 70 dollars already for my Mud Run, and after watching some you tube videos I am very much looking forward to it. There is only one obstacle that gives me pause, and if I practice I bet I can do it, plus I'm working with a team, we'll do it together. I've decided I am going to get a sitter for the munches so Jeeves can be there to drive me home afterwards.

Speaking of MArdi Gras, I once had an argument with someone who did not believe that Mardi Gras was *actually* on a Tuesday. She kept saying "if it's on Tuesday, why did they have a big parade on Saturday?" Oy Vey

Keep warm and dry this weekend.
You would be safe in guessing that I will be neither of those things tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I have some friends that do a mud run and they LOVE it!!! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am SO JEALOUS! I've always wanted to go to Mardi Gras! Have fun!

Brittany said...

Yay for Mardi Gras :) I live right in the middle of it! There's NOTHING like South Louisiana :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...