9/23/2010

What Doesn't Suck?

"Over the river and through the woods, across a bridge, past some pig farms, and lots of cows...well, sort of in the middle of nowhere really"
Yep, going to Grandma's doesn't suck. Do any of you have childhood memories of going to Grandma's house and having her make your favorite things to eat, getting to spend the night and do cool stuff? My Grandma taught me how to crochet, and make gravy, and thicken up a pot of chicken and dumplings when you're a bit heavy on the broth.. My grandpa took me out for ice cream, and helped me change light bulbs on my car turn signals, and still calls me love even at 27.

I'm wicked pumped that this weekend I get to pack myself and the munches a few changes of clothes and go with Mom to hang with my awesome grandparents. I am really very blessed that as an adult I get to have such a great relationship with my grandparents. Many people my age don't know theirs, mine are some of my favorite people.

It also doesn't suck that my grandma likes to cook for us when we are down visiting so I'll come home rested and full of old style, family recipe, feed my spirit food. We eat and play farmville on facebook, watch say yes to the dress and Mom and grandma take turns giving me crap and shaking their heads about how strange I am, it's completely therapeutic, really.

It's great to go back to her house and be in such a different place then I was back in May, the last time I was out there. For those of you who have not read since the beginning; which I can't say I blame you, it took awhile to get started and I'm sort of long winded; Grandma's was where I weighed myself and saw 232 staring me in the face. (I'm a little emotional as I write this) It's been a long road and I have lost 30 pounds in 4 months.

Oh! and the frosting will stay frozen until I leave on Saturday when I will use it to make a snack for Jeeves' football buddies who will be invading the house while I'm gone. Take that Eddie, you British, fat-ass-producing, bastard. Oh, who am I kidding, I can never stay mad at you...

1 comment:

Y said...

Ah, I love going to my grandma's. We'll stay for up to a week (me and my cousins) and we call it a 'slumming week' 'cause we draw pictures and paint and watch tv and eat tons of food - its also cool that my grandma likes to stay up really late and watch films with us. Its generally the only time i see them and my cousins, so it really is a treat. this post just reminded me of that and put me in a good mood - so thanks! :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...