So I did workout yesterday, did 30 minutes on the elliptical, and I made it count, got my heart rate up and kept it there for at least 20 of those minutes. And then I went home and laid on the couch while the munches jumped all over me. The energy boost that typically comes from my workout did not arrive and I felt even more drained then before. Gracious.
Okay, new plan: I am going to work out everyday this week. I have done it before and it helped me jump start when I had stagnated, hopefully the same will happen this time.
I also thought focusing on something positive would help me jump out of funky-town. I tend to see negatives a lot, I find it hard to focus on positive things. So I figured I would turn my tendency toward negs-ville into a way to show how far I have come.
Things I don't
1. I don't eat entire bags of chips. Not that I don't want to, but I no longer need to, and that's kind of huge for me.
2. I don't have closet full of clothes that are too small. I do however have a pile of boxes full of clothes that are too big, WOO-HOO!!!
3. I don't feel ugly everyday, just sometimes when I have very bad hair days, or when I don't realize my pants are too big and need suspenders by the end of the day.
4. I don't hate my swimsuit, I am actually going to love wearing it next summer, it's so cute and only cost $8.00. Of course maybe it won't fit next summer, *gasp* I may have to buy a new one!!! Say it ain't so...
5. I don't despise sweating, I still don't like just sitting around being hot, but the moist satisfaction of knowing I have spent time building muscle and sizzling fat makes me feel pretty great. ( Wow, the words "moist satisfaction" just came out of my brain, that hilarious, I could change it but why, it's funny)
6. I don't buy XL clothing, nope I don't. HA! I still own XL jammies but they are favorites and i am in the process of altering them cause I love them, plus I like my jammies to be really big and loose.
7. I don't frown at myself in the mirror, well sometimes I do, but not because of the size of my ass anymore. Usually I frown because I have overslept and have to hurry to the office, once I even forgot to change my pants and had to wear my pajama pants at work all day, luckily they were black and knit. Everyone probably thought I was having a fat day or something.
8. I don't have to wear maternity pants. (but I do sometimes, cause damn those things are comfy! and besides they are size 14 maternity pants)
9. I don't hate photos of me, unless Jeeves takes them, that dude has a hard time figuring out how to use our camera, maybe I'll get him an easier to operate one for Christmas.
10. I don't feel like a failure, I am a turtle, I am a duck, I am strong, I can do this, I am not an island, I will stumble, but I am NOT a failure.