2/29/2012

Leap Year Baby!

Doesn't look like it's going to happen. I woke up with 2 pounds of water weight, thanks to a regular soda, plate of cod fish and hushpuppies and count em, 2 giant mason jars full of sweet tea.I ate a lot of food yesterday and none of the choices I made were good ones. (What can I say, the baby demanded sugar and fried seafood)

But today is another day, Leap Day in fact and it's going to be a good one. I'm off to work in a few minutes and going to batten down the hatches, turn up the Adele and get the rest of my maternity leave prepping done. I'm taking a can of the slimfast, a package of Belvita cookies, a can of the chef and a baggie of two servings of cracker fro lunch today. 450 cals for breakfast and just around 600 for lunch. That leaves me with about 750 for dinner, which will probably not even come close to that, because I'm planning on hummus and cucumbers, maybe some pita.

The difference in my face is remarkable from yesterday to today. I have frog lips! I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow I have stories to tell about people talking about my "cute puffy pregnant face" (you think I'm joking? more than one person has used that exact phrase)

I believe the thing I'm looking forward to the most when this pregnancy is over is the fact that my pants will no longer have the disposition of a southern belle in august, I swear if I stand up too fast they head to floor like they've just seen Jesus. The slope of the belly is such that most pants have nothing to hang on too, so I have to either wear yoga pants(not that there's anything wrong with that) or be sure to have a free hand whenever I walk down the hall.(a pretty common occurrence given the bladder situation)

Well, onward to tackle the day, happy Leap Day all! And ladies, if your dude has not yet proposed, you can do it today and if he says no, he has to buy you a gift to "soften the blow"

3 comments:

safire said...

Happy Leap Day :)

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

oh my god- that bit about your pants made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe!

Amanda said...

I was pregnant back in the dark ages, where most maternity pants still came up OVER the ginormous bump. And at the end of my pregnancies I had this hideous, tent-sized pair of jeans that not only had the expand-o-panel over the gut, but then had a nice little drawstring on top of it, just to make sure they weren't going anywhere.

Maternity fashion has come a long way. Thank goodness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...