12/30/2010

Un. Cool.

I feel like garbage. I slept for ten hours last night and I'm so sleepy I could pass out right here at my desk. I believe I have another cold, Cripes, it's only been 6 weeks since the last one. This one is different though. the last one brought tons of congestion and snottiness. This one just hurts. My chest, head, throat, and stomach hurts from the constant sneezing and coughing. I've been short of breath for about two days and breathing very shallowly to keep the hacking to a minimum. I'm typically a yoga breather, I breathe deeply, comes from years of choir and yoga I guess, but it's making me dizzy to be breathing so differently now. I've almost passed out twice today.

I'm actually kind of miffed by this version of the plague-y non-sense that is being passed around. I'm not feverish, and my blood pressure and pulse are pretty normal consiering how short of breath I am. I don't have a ton of sinus pressure, I can breathe through my nose, but I do have a migraine-ish headache with pain radiating all through my scalp, but nowhere near my sinuses. I am sneezing and coughing and my throat feels like I've been swallowing glass...wierd.

I am going to go to the gym today and try out the elliptical, hopefully I can still do my typial 45 mintues even with the shortness of breath, but I'm going to take it a little slower than usual. Maybe the feel good stuff will help me get through the chaos I get at home. am I alone or is it really hard to be mommy when you are sick?

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

I find it very hard to be a mama when I'm sick! All I want to do is veg and lay around and feel sorry for myself.. but that's difficult with a 2 year old pulling at me to play. Hope you feel better soon. Oh, and can you share your salsa recipe with me?? I am going to start making my own, but never have. Thanks!

Amanda said...

I think working out sometimes makes me feel better! However getting the motivation to actually work out is a whole different problem! Hope you are feeling better! Soup...Tea...a hot bath!

I am going to wait a year I think. I mean I am not getting any younger. But I do what some success if I was willing to go to this measure. I want my success to stick too. Maybe the learned habits to stay with me. We shall see. I told my husband that if we couldn't have kids I atleast wanted to be skinny. LOL

Jaime said...

If it starts hurting to breathe make sure you get to a doctor. I recently got Pneumonia and it hurt oh so bad. Hang in there, hope it gets better!

Anonymous said...

Yes, sometimes it's very hard being a Mom when you're sick. I hope you start feeling better real soon. Don't overdo, okay? Take good care of yourself. *HUGS*

Jacqui said...

thanks for the link to your recipe blog! I am so going to make that salsa! :) (I tried to email you, but it bounced back... so I'm leaving it here.)

Randy said...

Hey get well soon.. it sucks to be sick during the holidays, which I'd have more than a few stories to share about that--but you don't want to hear them, trust me! ;)
Happy New Year!

the strawberry said...

Don't push too much if you're having chest pain- my BFF had the same this past week and found out it was pneumonia!

Sick moms are no fun.. we never really get days off OR sick days I guess! Try and take care of YOU though so you can better take care of those girls! Feel better soon and happy new year! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...